Saturday, June 11, 2011

Travel

"If we live truly, we shall see truly." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Day 5 Assignment by Chris Guillebeau

Not everyone wants to travel the world, but most people can identify at least one place in the world they’d like to visit before they die. Where is that place for you, and what will you do to make sure you get there?


I haven't traveled much. I've only gone outside of the United States to Tijuana, Mexico (and that doesn't really count, in my opinion!).  Honestly I'd like to travel. I'd like to visit every state in the U.S. I actually had an idea for a book called "Sunrise, Sunset" which would consist of 50 pictures of either occurrence in every state. (Now don't steal my idea and beat me to the punch!) 

I'd like to travel to other countries as well and see some of the amazing sights in this world. There was a time when Machu Pichu, or the Pyramids of Egypt would have ranked at the top of my list. 
But, if I had to choose just one place to travel to before I die, it would be the Holy Land (and no, not the Holy Land Experience in Orlando which is where the picture is from). I'd like to see the real deal.  I would like to walk where Jesus walked. See the Bible come alive in a different way by seeing the places he lived and taught and sacrificed himself for me.
So, how do I make sure I get there? There are plenty of tour packages available. One of the most interesting to me would be the one organized by Hilton Sutton, Bible scholar who teaches on the end-time prophecies and the Book or Revelation. 
The simple answer would be, research the cost and start a savings fund for the trip, then I would still need to simplify my life so that I could actually take an extended amount of time away from home and obligations.  Can it be done? Absolutely! 


#Trust30 Day Five

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.