Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fear

"These are the voices which we hear in solitude, but they grow faint and inaudible as we enter into the world. Society everywhere is in conspiracy against the manhood of every one of its members." 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson



Day 12 Assignment: Fear by Lachlan Cotter

I'm really struggling with yet another prompt on fear.

Frankly, I just don't see myself as being that fearful.  I already dealt with the psychological, subtle fears having to do with self-esteem.

Now Lachlan Cotter asks: Is fear holding you back from living your fullest life and being truly self expressed?
Put yourself in the shoes of the you who’s already lived your dream and write out the answers to the following:

Honestly, I don't think fear is what's holding me back. I think what is holding me back is over-commitment. I have simply taken on so much in my life that I don't have enough time to truly devote to following my dreams. But, I don't see what one has to do with the other. Unless, perhaps, Lachlan Cotter suggest that my over-commitment is a fear mechanism... which, I suppose isn't all that far-fetched.

Someone I really connect with, someone who has already lived, and is still living my dream, is Sandi Krakowski. I admire that woman. I admire her drive, her energy, her authenticity, her love for God, the fact that she uses her business as an opportunity to do amazing healing work and minister to others about God's love.

So, when I did this exercise, I imagined myself achieving that kind of success in all areas of life. Because the only way you can truly be successful is to have balance in all areas.

Is the insecurity you’re defending worth the dream you’ll never realize? or the love you’ll never venture? or the joy you’ll never feel?

No. Absolutely, 1,000 times no! God has planted a dream inside of me, and I must make it happen. This is no longer optional, but what is required as service to my King. God wants me to not only experience his love, but to share it with others and, in the process, feel the greatest joy I've ever known by bringing others to Him and helping them to realize their God-given dreams too.

Will the blunder matter in 10 years? Or 10 weeks? Or 10 days? Or 10 minutes?

Blunders are just stepping stones to success. Rather than being afraid of them, I'll use them to continue to propel myself forward. Also, my blunders can become teaching lessons for others. It lets them know that someone just like them made mistakes and still made it through them. The secret to success is in not letting the mistake get you down but in continuing on because you are always one step closer to achieving your dream.

Can you be happy being anything less than who you really are?

I have spent enough of my life not being who I am that the answer to this is obvious. As long as I'm not being authentic, as long as I'm not true to who and what God made me to be and to do, I can't possibly be happy. There will always be something missing in my life and circumstances.

But, when I line myself up with God's Word, when I follow His guidance and be who he has called me to be, Things change. Life gets easier.

Don't get me wrong, there are still problems -- we'll always have those on this old earth. But when I'm in the Word and the Word abides in me, my reaction to the circumstances in my life change. I find that when I remain focused on the Word instead of my surroundings, miraculous events occur.

If I need knowledge, it comes to me - sometimes from the oddest places. 


If I need money, I either find it or its gifted to me. 

Somehow my needs are met without struggle, without worry, but with only peace.

So, what about fear? We are told that Perfect Love casts out fear. I know that where God is, fear cannot remain. Again, it's a matter of focus. What's the old saying?

Fear knocked on the door; faith answered; no one was there.

There is nothing, nothing that can separate me from God's love. Even in the depths of despair, His love is there holding me up, strengthening me, encouraging me.

Love is self-expression. If God is love, and if I was made in his image and likeness, then I must also be love.  I was born from the incorruptible seed, God's Word seed. In order to succeed in life, all I need to do is focus on what the Word says about me. My hands are blessed, and everything they do is blessed.

So, what is there to fear?


#Trust30 Day Twelve

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.