Thursday, June 23, 2011

Invent the Future

"A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the luster of the firmament of bards and sages. Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his." 
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Day 17 Assignment: Invent the Future by Cindy Gallop

My favorite quote of all time is Alan Kay: "In order to predict the future, you have to invent it." I am all about inventing the future. Decide what you want the future to be and make it happen. Because you can. Write about your future now.


I'll take that thought a bit further. Not only CAN we invent our futures, but we DO invent them whether we are conscious of doing so or not.  I firmly believe that yesterday's thoughts created today's circumstances. If I don't like the results, then I need to change my thoughts. God created us with the ability to create what we can imagine. Any image held in the mind long enough, and believed strongly enough, will become manifest in our circumstances.

I apologize for my blog taking such an extreme turn from the type of posts I had been making, but I'm enjoying the #Trust30 challenge and hope that you all find it at least somewhat entertaining. If nothing else, it gives you a glimpse of my personality and who I really am. There are 13 days left, and then "Walk By Faith" will return to its regular programming.  ;o)



With today's prompt in mind, here is a day in my future life.

I wake easily without an alarm clock, and before the sun rises. I begin praising God for all of my many blessings before I even get out of bed. I alternate between prayer and praise as I quietly go about my morning routine. The dog(s) and I take a walk to our favorite vantage point to watch the sun rise. Then we return home and I exercise.

We eat a leisurely, peaceful breakfast on the porch. Some mornings we watch the deer playing in the yard; other mornings we are treated to a glimpse of our ground hog wandering in the distance down by the pond; or we may watch the bunnies hopping through the pasture or the squirrels foraging for nuts, or the birds splashing in the bird bath.

I log onto my computer and write my morning pages. Then I check my Facebook and email. I have a mid-morning consultation with a client. Sometimes they are in person, sometimes they are over the phone, and sometimes they are video conferences. They don't happen every day because at this point in my life, I just don't want to work very hard anymore -- nor do I need too. Still, helping others is a lot of fun and makes me feel good. I remember when I was struggling, trying to get a business off the ground. I always said that I wanted to help others when I figured it out and became successful at it myself.

After the consultation, I do some serious work on my website, book, or the latest course I'm putting together. Then I make an amazing and huge salad for lunch.

Fully satisfied, I head outside to putter in the garden for a while and then play fetch with the dog(s). It's warm outside, so after we've played until we've tired ourselves out, we go for a quick swim. I have a little more work to do before company comes over this afternoon.

I make a few phone calls, respond to emails and then rummage around in the kitchen to decide what to cook for dinner. I'll think we'll barbecue out on the patio in the garden. The kids like that. It's going to be a clear, warm evening. They can take a dip in the pool while I'm getting supper ready. I'm anxious to see the grandkids. They are so much fun. The dog(s) are always happy to see them too!

I sit in my rocking chair on the porch, the dog(s) by my side, waiting for the car to come down the driveway. I love the way they run up the stairs to give Grandma hugs and kisses and tell me all about what's going on in their lives. Then they rush off to the pool.

I turn on the sound system and have praise and worship music playing as we light the torches and start grilling supper.

When everyone is full of good food and tired of swimming, we go inside to watch a movie. Then it's off to bed for the little ones, and us grown ups take advantage of the opportunity to sit and catch up with each other. It's one of our favorite past times.

Finally the yawning starts, and it's time for even the adults to call it a night. My son and his wife head off for the guest house. I do my evening stretches, and then take the dog(s) for the last walk of the day while my evening tea brews. It's time for a cup of tea and a good book.

I end my day the way it began, alternating between prayer and praise, and thanking God for the many, many blessings in my life.

#Trust30 Day Seventeen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.