Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Endings



"Sunset" from stock.xchng

2012: A Year of Thanksgiving and Praise
Day 17: Today, I'm Thankful for Endings

It's been a long day. It's nearly midnight, and I'm just getting time to post what I'm thankful for today.

I'm glad the day is almost over and I can go to bed and sleep. Perhaps that's a bit lame for a post on thankfulness, but it's at least honest. Even last night, I had Shakespeare running through my brain "to sleep, perchance to dream..."  So, maybe it isn't that far-fetched.

Sometimes you just have to know when it's time to end things. I know that I have a tendency at times to hold onto things long after they've outlived their usefulness (my Geo, being a case in point). But, there is a certain joy and beauty in knowing when it's time to let things go, to set them down, to leave them alone, to release them...

Perhaps one of the most important reasons for endings is so that you can experience new beginnings. Short post today.

Today, I'm thankful for endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.