Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012: a Year of Thanksgiving and Praise


The first day of the new year. I must say I'm glad to have 2011 behind me, and looking forward to 2012.


One of my Facebook friends posted their declaration for the new year and thought I would make my own. I have decided to declare 2012 a Year of Thanksgiving and Praise. 


So, on Day One of the new year, I'm thankful for new beginnings. I'm thankful that I have a New Year in which I can imagine and create what I want for my life. I'm thankful that I have the promises of God's Word to back up my desires, and there is no better guarantee than that possible anywhere, anytime.



I'm not only thankful for being able to begin again at the New Year, but also that I have the opportunity to begin again every day. Each day I get to choose how I want to feel, how I want to be... I can choose to act, and not merely react to what happens in my life and circumstances. This is a conscious choice I can make as soon as I wake up, and one that I can recommit to throughout the day.


In fact, I'm thankful that in each moment, I can have a new beginning. If I mess up, I can simply acknowledge that and begin again. There is nothing that says a mistake has to be carried throughout the day. I can choose to acknowledge it and then recommit to the goal I made in the morning.


I can choose to be happy. I can choose to be well. I can choose to be prosperous. I can choose to be diligent. I can choose to be loving. I can choose to experience peace in all circumstances. I can choose to be productive. I can choose to receive God's abundant blessings.


Have a Happy New Year filled with God's Abundant Blessings!


"For I know the plans I have for you,” 
declares the LORD, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." 
~ Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.