Sunday, December 9, 2012

All Your Need


Carl Walks Closer to the "Falling Down" House by Old Shoe Woman

It seems as though the last several years have been challenging ones for me. But, through every challenge, I have never had to go without.'



"I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed."
~Psalm 37:25-26

Still, I feel as though I have lived and suffered under a spirit of ungratefulness.

What I usually find to be true is that our successes and our moods are directly dependent upon our focus.

How many times have I said: "I just can't seem to get ahead. Every time I get a little extra money in the bank, something goes wrong."

Let's take a look at that. What if I didn't have the little extra? What then? Would I find myself begging bread?

I have come to the conclusion that I have been looking at it all backwards.

Isn't it amazing that God provided for my need before I even recognized there was one? What a wonderful and magnificent God who makes sure my needs are met in advance.

I'm reminded of the parable of the two house builders. One built his house on a firm foundation; and one built his house on sand.

They both experienced storms. but the man who built his house on a firm foundation could not be shaken. (Luke 6:47-49)

Over and over we are told that God, like a good father, will provide; that we shouldn't be anxious or worry about anything.

I recently read an article on worry. Survey results showed that 90% of what people say they worry about or have worried about, never happened.

"Therefore take no [anxious] thought saying what shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or Where withall shall be be clothed? ...for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
~Matthew 6:31-33

There's that word again: righteous or righteousness.

I think we often look at righteousness as being holy and perfect and don't see how we can ever achieve that state. Surely those verses are talking about someone else, not me. Is righteousness even attainable?

Well, righteousness simply means "right standing with God". And no, it isn't something we can earn or attain on our own. It is a gift freely given. Jesus purchased our right standing with the Father God. Now whenever God looks at us, he sees us washed clean, redeemed by the blood, perfect, holy, complete; he sees his son.

We are to seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness -- right standing. We are to be aware of, cultivate and develop our relationship with God. That's the reason we were originally created. That's what Adam and Eve had before the fall. That is the foundation. That is how we receive the "all things".

He has promised to supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

So many tangents I could go off on. I love the Word. There are so many layers, so much depth...

How are our needs met? By Christ Jesus  it is through his sacrifice, through his right standing, through relationship with him.

I resolve today to change my focus from the problem to the solution; from the need to the provision; from lack to abundance; from "all your need" to "My God shall supply".


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.