Thursday, November 26, 2009

Where Will You Spend Eternity?

Being a Christian doesn't mean joining a church. Being a Christian is much more than that.

The world and the people living in it have always searched for answers. Our history is littered with great philosophers and philosophies, with scientists and scientific knowledge, with a wide variety of spiritual leaders and belief systems. Somehow, we intuitively know that there has to be more. Our souls, and hearts and minds cry out -- even when we have reached the pinnacle of success -- "Is that all there is?"

Astronaut John Glenn has this to say:

"To look out at this kind of creation and not believe in God 
is to me impossible."


Life without God will always leave you with an emptiness, a longing that can't be filled, it will leave you searching for answers.  Jesus is the answer


He came so that we could have life -- and have it abundantly.

So, how do you become a Christian? It has nothing to do with how you are raised. You may have had both mother and father who were devout Christians, and you may have attended church most or all of your life and still not be a Christian. You can be a good person, live a good life, and do good things for others and still not make it into heaven.

The only thing that counts is whether you have given your life to Jesus Christ. 

"...if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
--Romans 10:9-10

You become a Christian by surrendering your life to Christ and allowing his Spirit to dwell within you.

If you have never accepted Jesus as Lord of your life, or if you aren't sure if the world should end tomorrow where you would spend eternity, I invite you to pray the prayer of salvation. God's Word tells us that "everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved"--Romans 10:13.

The Prayer of Salvation:

Heavenly Father, in Jesus' name I confess that I am a sinner.  I repent of my sins. Please forgive my sins and accept me as your child. I invite you to be my Savior and the Lord of my life. I believe you died for my sins and you were raised from the dead. Fill me with your Holy Spirit. Thank You Father for saving me in Jesus' name. Amen.
If you prayed this prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I believe you have been born again and Jesus has accepted you into his Kingdom. Congratulations! You are now a Christian. Let me welcome you to the family of God!

One of the most important things you can do now is to find a Bible-based church. This will not only give you the opportunity to learn more about God and the exciting and abundant life he has provided for you, but will also put you in touch with other like-minded people who can support you in your journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts... please share.